weLcOme to arein's page..hope you will enjoy your reading!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Smile

An unhappy rich woman sits sit impatiently on a bus stop bench.


WOMAN : What are you smiling for?
DOL: It’s what I do.
WOMAN : I won’t ask
DOL : I sell smiles for a living. Here, have a free smile from me (he smiles at her)
WOMAN : No thank you
DOL : Sorry, can’t take it back. You’ll have to give it to someone else.
WOMAN : What?
DOL : The smile. You’ll have to give it away if you don’t want it. Or sell it if you like – apparently it hasn’t been used much.
WOMAN : What do you mean by that?
DOL : You don’t smile very often, do you?
WOMAN : So what if I don’t?
DOL : You shouldn’t waste your smile. There’s plenty of people who could use one.
WOMAN : Well, they can have mine
DOL : Your what?
WOMAN : My smile.
DOL : I don’t se one.
WOMAN : I thought you just gave me one.
DOL : I tried, but it didn’t stick. I think it.
WOMAN : Fine. What’s there to smile anyway?
DOL : Well..
WOMAN : You don’t have to answer that.
DOL : There’s a lots of things to smile about.

It’s a beautiful day outside, the busses are running on time.

WOMAN : I don’t want to hear about it.
DOL : And look at that flower over there, now that would make anybody smile.

A long moment of silence. Finally, she gaves in.

WOMAN : So, what’s the going rate on smiles these days?
DOL : Pardon me?
WOMAN : Your smiles. How much are they?
DOL : Oh. They’re very expensive.
WOMAN : So is my taste.
DOL : You probably couldn’t afford one.
WOMAN : Try me.
DOL : I’m warning. It’ll cost you.
WOMAN : Yes I know. How much?
DOL : One smile
WOMAN : One smile?
DOL : That’s how much they cost.
WOMAN : What?
DOL : The price for a smile is exactly one smile. That’s the going rate. (He thinks about it)
WOMAN : Alright. (smiles) I’ll take one.
DOL : It was a pleasure doing business with you (He leaves)





So, smiles when we stil have one.

No comments: